Upnea Apdate

I went to the CPAP supplier today (they're called Inspiration Medic, which is cheesy but I love my contact person so I'm okay with it). We finalized the purchase of the machine, which I've been trying for free. The Ontario government pays for up to $780, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the supplier bills the government on our behalf instead of us having to pay for it and get reimbursed (I'm sure anyone who's ever attempted a mail-in rebate understands my apprehension).

I'm feeling okay. Not fabulous. Not like a new woman. Not a hundred percent different. I'm still having trouble keeping the mask on past five a.m. or so, and it still feels like a huge relief when I take it off. I still have trouble dragging my ass out of bed in the morning, although I think I have a little more energy once I am up. The days that I've been home I've gotten a fair bit of clearing out in the basement done and delivered a bunch of stuff to Goodwill.

The last time my husband traveled I think I didn't feel as dragged out by the end as I usually do. AND (this is a big and) on the cottage week-end there were more people than there ever have been, so I didn't get a room to myself which I usually do. I've been incredibly self-conscious about sleeping with anyone because of the whole snoring-like-a-chainsaw thing. But I used the machine and we both slept well. According to my husband, even when I take off the mask I don't snore like I used to, which is probably because using the mask has reduced the airway inflammation that was making me snore.

So that doesn't suck.

It annoys me that, just when I figure out how to adjust the straps on the mask so it fits well, I have to take it apart to clean it, and then when I put it back on I'm starting from square one - and a tiny discrepancy in the strap adjustment can make a huge difference to how well the mask fits, which makes a huge difference to how comfortable it is and whether I feel like I'm suffocating or not, or whether air blasts out into my eyes or onto my cheeks, which makes sleeping a little difficult. Today I told the supplier woman that I'm going to make Sharpie marks on it so I'll know where to put them when I put it back together. She said that was a really good idea. I'm a tiny bit surprised that I was the one telling her about it. Maybe I should look into this as a career if the whole library thing doesn't work out.

Gah, this is boring. Need to work on another condom post.





Comments

Wrath Of Mom said…
My husband tells me that I have a very sexy snore. Isn't it sweet that he wants to get laid so badly he'll just lie to me like that?

But I do suspect that a CPAP machine maybe in my future.
StephLove said…
I'm glad to hear it's made you feel better, if not 100%.
Nicole said…
More condom posts!

I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully that will just continue. It does seem weird that no one else would have suggested the Sharpie thing.
Hannah said…
It sounds like you're starting on the road back. I know for me, weeks of sleep debt take months to pay back... you're working off years of poor sleep, and I'm sure it will take a while to really see just how much better you can feel.

In the meantime, well done taking some things to Goodwill. I know how hard that is for you.
Ms. G said…
My husband claims I snore but I won't believe it. I just tell him it was actually him and he woke himself up ; )
Glad to hear it's working for you!
Sasha said…
My vote is for an entire prophylactic meme. I'm in. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits